Ticket Terms and Conditions
The following Global Terms and Conditions govern the relationship between you and WCG, Inc. (“WCG”) regarding your purchase and use of any ticket(s) (the “Ticket(s)”) to attend, participate in and use any services related to one or more events held as part of WCG 2019 Xi’an at or on the grounds of the Xi’an Qujiang International Conference & Exhibition Center (the “Venue”) on July 18-21, 2019 (“WCG Xian”), including without limitation Grand Final tournaments, Game Sports events, New Horizons events, TED Conference, Esports Conference and Festival events (each, a “WCG Event”).
Your purchase of a Ticket signifies that you agree to these Global Terms and Conditions and constitutes your binding acceptance of these Global Terms and Conditions, including any modifications that WCG makes from time to time.
These Global Terms and Conditions apply to Ticket Holders (defined below) who permanently reside outside of mainland China, including any such Ticket Holders who purchase Tickets on site at WCG Xian at the ticket office of the Venue. For the avoidance of doubt, mainland China means the People’s Republic of China, excluding Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan.
1. All Ticket orders are subject to availability and acceptance by WCG. WCG reserves the right to accept or reject any Ticket order. By ordering the Tickets, you agree, on your own behalf and as agent on behalf of all persons for whom you are purchasing Tickets or who will be using the Tickets purchased by you (you and each such person individually, a “Ticket Holder”), to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. WCG shall be entitled, but not obliged, to conduct verification checks on any order, and shall be entitled to rescind the order if such verification checks reveal any fraud or other irregularity in the order.
2. All Ticket prices are determined by WCG. Ticket prices and discounts may change during a sale period, as determined by WCG.
3. Upon confirmation of your order for Tickets, no exchange or refund of Tickets will be made under any circumstances, and Tickets are not transferable. The resale of Tickets at any price is prohibited. WCG reserves the right to cancel any Tickets that have been transferred or resold and to deny any such Ticket Holder’s entry.
4. Entry will be refused if Tickets have not been purchased from WCG or other authorized points of sale.
5. If any WCG Event is postponed or cancelled, WCG will place an applicable notice on its website, on another communication channel or at the Venue.
6. Minors under the age of eighteen (18) may not purchase Tickets or attend, participate in or use any services related to any WCG Event, unless otherwise permitted by WCG. No refunds will be made on violation of such age restriction. By purchasing the Tickets, you certify, represent and warrant that you and the Ticket Holders are at least eighteen (18) years of age and understand these Terms and Conditions. Also, infants in arms or strollers will not be admitted to the WCG Events.
7. WCG reserves the right, without refund or compensation, to refuse admission to or evict or remove from the Venue any person(s) whose conduct is disorderly or inappropriate or who poses a threat to security or to the enjoyment of the WCG Events by others.
8. WCG may add, withdraw or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programs, event times, seating arrangements and audience capacity without prior notice.
9. You and Ticket Holders agree that the maximum capacity of each hall at the Venue is set by applicable laws and regulations and is strictly enforced by the Venue. As a result, access to certain panels, presentations and performances that occur during the WCG Events will be limited to the maximum capacity of the particular hall, which will be determined by the WCG and the Venue in their sole discretion.
10. At all times, WCG reserves the right to take motion and still pictures, with or without sound, and otherwise record the WCG Events, and the result of such motion or still pictures or recordings shall be referred as the “Videos” hereinafter. Ticket Holder consents to and approves such taking of Videos, including taking or capturing Videos of the Ticket Holder, the Ticket Holder’s voice, any sounds made by the Ticket Holder and other information about the Ticket Holder, including but not limited to the Ticket Holder’s name, likeness, photographs, voices, dialogue, sounds, biographical information, personal characteristics and other personal identification, in and in connection with any editorial, promotional or commercial uses by WCG, which WCG may exploit throughout the universe and in perpetuity at any time on a royalty free, perpetual basis in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised. The foregoing rights granted herein shall also include the right to edit, delete, dub and fictionalize the Video as WCG sees fit in WCG’s sole discretion. The Ticket Holder agrees that WCG is and will be the sole and exclusive owner of all right, title and interest in and to the Videos, including all copyrights and all other intellectual property rights therein, in perpetuity throughout the universe. The Ticket Holder agree that the Ticket Holder will not claim any moral rights, portrait rights, performance rights or any other rights respect to the Videos, including any use of the Videos by WCG or any third party that has been granted rights by WCG for any purpose, and hereby irrevocably waive any and all such rights.
11. WCG may postpone, cancel, interrupt or stop the WCG Events due to adverse weather, dangerous situations, or any other causes beyond its reasonable control.
12. The Ticket Holder agrees to submit to any search for any prohibited items including but not limited to weapons and controlled, dangerous or illegal substances.
13. The Ticket Holder voluntarily assumes all risk of personal injury and all other hazards related to the WCG Events, whether occurring prior to, during or after the WCG Events, and agrees that WCG, as well as each of its affiliates, licensees, officers, directors, employees, sponsors, exhibitors and contractors are expressly released by the Ticket Holder from any claims arising from or related to such causes or otherwise occurring at or in connection with the WCG Events.
14. If you purchased the Tickets online, you MUST present proper identification card (ex. passport or government issued ID card) and the purchase verification emailed to you to the ticket office of the Venue in order to collect the Tickets. The person who collects the Tickets at the ticket office must be the same individual who purchased the Tickets online, and WCG may ask for a photo ID for such identification purposes. WCG has the right to refuse to give out the Tickets if identification is not confirmed. No refunds will be made for uncollected Tickets.
16. If any term or provision of these Global Terms and Conditions is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of these Global Terms and Conditions or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
17. Terms and Conditions and any dispute, controversy, difference or claim arising out of, in connection with, or relating to these Global Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws and regulations of the Republic of Korea.